We’ve all had inflammation. It helps to protect injuries and enhance the flow of nutrients and oxygen to the impacted area. As it heals, the swelling and redness subside.
When it sticks around, it’s a problem. Chronic internal inflammation is a contributing factor in heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. It’s caused by environmental stressors and a lot of the non-food that’s taken up camp in the food supply. Dr. Andrew Weil recommends nutrition and supplements to reduce its presence.
I actually like this plan:
- Dr. Weil gives clear information about the benefits of the suggested foods and serving sizes for each category.
- Nothing is forbidden; just enjoyed in moderation
- Fish and plant-based proteins are emphasized.
- Chocolate and red wine consumption is encouraged. Again, in moderation. But encouraged.
- Carbs of the complex kind are ok. Healthy fat is ok.
- I mentioned the chocolate and red wine, didn’t I?
- It’s adaptable to food allergies and preferences.
All that, and chocolate, too.